chelonianmobile: So, what is Tales of Tails? Well, it started with me reviewing hammerxsword's fic "Family Tea" and grew into an lj community devoted to slashy fanworks featuring cute furry animals. Yes, you may think it's disgusting, but we think it's cute, and we're the ones modding this comm. So there.
We have a few rules we'd like you to follow if you're demented enough to join us. (These rules were written by hammerxsword and fiddled slightly by chelonianmobile.)
2. Some of the fandoms we will accept: The Wind in the Willows, Welkin Weasels, Deptford Mice, Redwall, The Lion King, The Fox and the Hound, The Chronicles of Narnia, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (The Secret of NIMH), etc. Any others you can think of, let us know, and we'll put it here. We will also accept things featuring animal characters from primarily non-anthropomorphic fandoms - eg Animagi from Harry Potter, Gaspode or any of the werewolves from Discworld, Itchy and Scratchy from The Simpsons, sapient monster creatures from Pokemon or Digimon, etc.
3. For now, we’d like to restrict the comm to slash and femslash. If there is a demand, however, we’ll consider opening it up to gen and het.
4. The lj-cut is your friend. Use it, especially for:
a) fan art (saves space on people’s friend’s lists). b) writing over 100 words (as above). c) anything rated R and above (to give people the choice of whether or not they want to see it).
Don't know what an lj-cut is or how to make one? Go here.Fake cuts and links are okay.
5. Please include the following info above the lj-cut:
Fandom: Title: Author: Type of Work (Fic, Art, SongVid, etc.): Genre: (optional, but useful for people browsing) Rating: (G, PG, R, NC-17[!]) Disclaimer: (ESSENTIAL! Even if the copyright on the original work is up for debate – The Wind in the Willows falls into this category)
6. Please avoid l33t speak. Use proper English sentences. Especially in fic! Beta readers are essential.
7. Please be respectful of others. Flaming will not be tolerated. Discussion is however welcomed.
8. Have fun! Any questions, contact either one of the mods.